Creative Carers is for people over 18 who look after someone living in Derby (partner, family, member, friend or relative) informally.
- are all family carers from Derby
- want carers to lead a fulfilling happy life
- support carers to create their own individualised package of self-care.
- set up a not-for-profit group run BY carers FOR carers in 2013
- believe in working with others - with the help of an excellent partnership formed with Community Action Derby, we have firmly grown in a short space of time and successfully competitively tendered for 2 contracts with Derby City Council and CCG (Health)
- received a Triangle Trust grant to help us grow
- are involved in this year's School of Social Entrepreneur's (SSE) scale up programme-funded by Lloyds and the Big Lottery.
We believe that:
- Those with personal experience of caring are best placed to support others
- Carers can learn from each other by sharing experiences
- Carers can manage their own self-care by learning new skills
- Our self-esteem and confidence grows if we share skills or knowledge with others
- Every carer has unique and important needs.